Discover how a sales funnel website can help you grow your podcast audience and even improve your profits.
Podcasting is hugely popular right now, as more people than ever are listening to their favourite shows.
We recently wrote about building Websites using Sales Funnels and this is one of several funnel specific sites you can build depending on your business.
Approximately 20% of adults in America between the ages of 18 and 49 listen to podcasts once a month, according to a recent study.
This podcasting boom is largely spurred by better accessibility through mobile devices along with a torrent of compelling content available today.
All this is happening for very good reasons: podcasts are a great platform for not only increasing brand awareness but also building a better and more personal relationship with your target audience.
In the following post, you will learn the best strategy you can use to tap into a massive podcast audience and build a sustainable business.
The Challenge: How do You Attract an Audience to Your Podcast?
You have done your job well: researched your audience and prepared an exciting podcast about a timely, relatable topic.
Without an audience, however, all your work will have been in vain.
With so many new shows, it can be challenging to gain maximum exposure and traction if you don’t have a solid plan in place.
The Solution: Create a Sales Funnel Website for Your Podcast.
A sales funnel is an amazing concept that can take your podcast from a virtually unknown and non-existent creation to a highly saturated and popular piece.
Pairing your podcast with a sales funnel has the potential of not only bringing in a huge audience, but it could also improve your bottom line.
As a podcast creator, you are giving away valuable content regularly for free and keeping your audience entertained.
You can use the power of a sales funnel (a multiple-step, relationship-building process that moves interested browsers into buyers) to help your podcast efforts by creating awareness and interest and by ultimately growing your audience.
As you continue gaining the trust of your audience, you can even capitalize on that credibility and build an efficient online business.
Key Components of a Sales Funnel
1. Prospecting–This is the lead generation phase where you identify the right opportunities and clients.
2. Cultivating–Uncovering your client’s needs by building deeper relationships, specifically through the email follow-up sequence.
3. Positioning–Demonstrate your value; make sure to include the good and the bad and throw in a few testimonials as well.
4. Closing–This is the final step where you present your solution after nurturing your leads in the above steps.
Benefits of a Sales Funnel for Podcast Creators
- An email list, for example, will allow you to capture more information about your target audience.
- You can then use the email list to grow your connection further and increase interest.
- They may even want to buy products from you and help you create a sustainable business.
- If you successfully implement the sales funnel and grow your audience you can be viewed as an expert voice in that particular niche, which comes with the benefits of increased revenue.
How to Build a Sales Funnel Website for Your Podcast
We recommend affirming to your audience your promise to deliver value at every stage of your sales funnel to minimize drop-offs.
Start with the End-Goal in Mind.
An important point when creating a sales funnel is to know and understand what you’re selling as it’s practically impossible to move your audience towards a vague, undefined goal.
“But, what if I am not selling a specific product or service with my podcasts?”
Regardless of your podcast topic, you are most likely trying to convince your audience to take a certain action.
There’s a reason you want them to listen. There’s a reason your audience members will keep listening.
Whether it’s saving the whales, getting out to vote or just doing the Macarena, the most valuable podcasts are the ones with content that achieves something.
Once you define your niche and the desired action you want your listeners to take, only then can you start designing a sales funnel that will help you achieve that end goal.
Set up Your Sales Funnel Website.
You will need to create a website first where your audience will be accessing your content.
The best software you can use to conveniently create a sales funnels website is ClickFunnels.
It is super easy to build a podcast sales funnel with ClickFunnels, simply choose from the available templates and you can customize it really fast.
Ideally, your first homepage in your sales funnel should be as clutter-free as possible, showing the title and podcast with a brief description of the episode.
Email Opt-In Page
The next page in your podcast’s sales funnel website should be the opt-in page where you capture the email addresses of your audience.
Here, you can offer a free product in line with what you are discussing in the podcast that will help give your audience added value, say an Ebook or an online course.
Once a subscriber signs up, you can automatically initiate a follow-up email sequence to stay continually engaged with your business and building credibility.
Also, ensure to mention HOW and WHY your products add more value to your audience and the kind of results they can expect.
You can send them weekly updates or notifications when a new podcast is ready on the website. You can even discuss with them any problems or further topics they’d like you to address in your next episode.
Sales Landing Page
If you consistently upload new episodes and nurture your audience, you will succeed in gaining their trust and so they’ll be more likely to purchase from you at this point in the funnel.
Once you have gained a real connection to your buyer, you can now direct them to your sales page where you will have created a clear call-to-action.
Benefits of Using Podcasts in Your Overall Business Sales Funnel
You can use podcasting as a way of fueling your sales funnel and in so doing earn the following critical benefits:
- Podcasts open up your business to new audiences that might benefit from your product or service but haven’t discovered it on other platforms.
- Creating podcasts is much easier and cheaper than investing in video marketing since it only involves recording audio files.
- Podcasts are a great way of building up a strong library of valuable content that you can easily convert, repurpose and share on various other mediums.
- You also make it more convenient for your audience to hear you since all they’re required to have are headphones, which also means they can listen on-the-go.
Tips for Creating Great Podcasts
- Choose topics you are passionate about.
- Structure your content and follow the outline to avoid rambling or going off-topic.
- Use stories to add a personal touch to your podcasts.
- Secure relevant and interesting interviews regularly to keep your audience engaged.
- Ensure the audio is clear and sounds professional.
- Include a CTA at the end of each episode.
Ultimately, pairing your podcast with a sales funnel website from ClickFunnels is a very good investment that will ensure you actually reach and grow your audience.
Looking to launch a new product or service funnel soon?
We’ve helped countless #FunnelHackers overcome broken links, invalid redirects, missing Pixels, the wrong videos on webinars–the list goes on…
Get our unlimited-ninjas to build an entire podcast funnel for you now.